Monday, August 13, 2007

Is LJ close to ending his holdout?

According to the Kansas City Star, he is.

The Chiefs and Larry Johnson were closing in on agreement on a contract extension that could put him back in a Chiefs uniform in time for their third preseason game on Aug. 23 against New Orleans at Arrowhead Stadium.

Multiple sources told The Star today the sides had narrowed their once-considerable differences and a deal could be struck sometime this week.

There is even speculation that he could be back in uniform in time for their preseason game against Miami Thursday night.

Of course, the Chiefs president and general manager Carl Peterson had to come in and make sure KC fans don't get too excited. "I’m cautiously optimistic a deal will get concluded, but exactly when I can’t tell you. I really can’t,” Peterson said. “I would say we’re still communicating. Are we real close? Not from where I sit."

No comments: