Friday, August 3, 2007

Another Steroid Related Suspension

And further proof that the NFL is better than the Major Leagues. Cleveland Browns Offensive Tackle Ryan Tucker has been suspended for four games due to his violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy regarding anabolic steroids and the like.

This is the same guy that missed a couple of games last year on account of a "mental disorder." He is a team leader, and issued a respectable (as much as it could be) statement on the subject:

I didn't intend to compromise the integrity of the NFL, my team, I want to apologize to the fans, my family. It's been a long road. I was pretty down and out last year, and in my attempt to come back I took a banned substance. I'm going to fulfill this punishment and get it behind me.


Congrats to the Browns.

No comments: