Wednesday, August 1, 2007

AFC North Update

Since I am in charge of news from the AFC North, I have to try extra hard to not post articles about my Stillers that would be meaningless to the average NFL fan. I couldn't resist this one.

-Redefining the meaning of the fat boy packages, the Steelers might be placing 325 pound Nose tackle Casey Hampton at fullback for goal line and short yardage situations. Talk about a hole plugger.

-Ocho Cinco says he can't block. And he doesn't like to block. But he does offer this little gem:

Week 1, if I touch the end zone you will laugh for a lifetime. I guarantee you. Marvin (Lewis) might sit me down for the next game but it will live on for a lifetime.

-Steelers first round draft pick Lawrence Timmons is ailing again from the infamous groin injury that downs at least one Steeler each year. Lamarr Woodley, the Steelers' second round pick at the same position, however, is surprising people with his talent.

-Tom Condon is letting his client Brady Quinn take all the heat from the holdout. Don't know why. Get with Drew Rosenhaus Brady. He gets people paid.

-Ravens LT Jonathan Ogden is on the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) list. For an unknown period of time. And Kyle Boller threw an interception

No comments: