Thursday, August 30, 2007

In one week...

it will be the kick off to the NFL season. It has been along time coming, and let me say it took a long time.

It is now time for me to start my weekly column of...WHATS YOUR FANTASY! I will be posting who should you start and sit for the week. Now if you are all wondering how good I am at this, let me just say that I have the inside with these players. They tell how they are feeling for the week and what they feel they may perform against their oppenent for the week.

I do have to say the first week is usually the hardest to judge, because you can never tell how anybody going to perform until usually week 3 or 4. So this weeks post I'm going to take it a different direction, of who you might want to keep your eye on for the season.

So lets get started with the QB's:

I'm first going to say one QB I am watching this season because I feel it is make or break for him is Alex Smith of the 49ers. And if last season is a testiment for what this season should be, I feel he is the future of the franchise.

Next person to watch in the QB position is the man with the Madden Curse on his back. Though I have a bet for him to go down by week 4 or 5. Something inside me feels he may be the one to break the curse and have a break out season. He had a great freshman season with the Titans, but can he improve. My opinion, YES!

Last QB I pick to watch is Matt Schaub of the Texans. Now we all know that the Texans have the worst O-line in the league, and even though once again I have a bet that he will get sacked more than 64 times this season. I have a feeling the Falcons will kicking themselves for trading him away. Granted the Falcons didn't know that Vick was involved in organized crime and would be serving time. Thats beside the point. We are going to see if he really worth all that money they are paying him.

Next we have the RB:

A player that I will be definitely watchin not just because he is on my fantasy team is Laurence Maroney. Now that he will be taking a majority of snaps, the question is will he have that impact on the Patriots running game that Dillion was able to do for the team. I answer, YES, cause he better be getting me points or I will take him out at the knees.

Larry Johnson one of the many players that was part of the hold outs this season. I feel he has something to prove this season to me and to the owner of the Chiefs. He needs to prove that he can produce those numbers that he did last seaon to make him worthy to be demanding the money he was asking for all off-season. If he does, then I feel he worth more than that, because how many RB's out there can perform at the same level every season or even do better than the previous season, especially with his numbers.

Now this one isn't a player but still worth watching. The team that has been # 1 in rushing for the past couple of years. Of course I'm talking about my boys the Atlanta Falcons. Now that Michael Vick is going to be participating this season or ever again, will the Falcons still be #1. We all know Vick was a contributor to those stats, especially last season when he rushed for a thousand yards. So lets see, how they will perform with out Vick.

Lets talk WR:

Since there are so many players in this position it is almost hard to pick just 3 to watch I'm just going to list off a couple of them.

Randy Moss - will it be the Randy of Vikings
Joe Horn - Though old and almost broken will he have an impact on a new team with a young receiving core
Calvin Johnson - The man that will help the Lions win 10 games according to Kitna
Ted Ginn Jr. - Will Green be hitting the man with HANDS for TD's
Lee Evans - Will he live up to the expectations of mnay analysis this year
Texans WR's - With a better than average QB will they be scoring some pts.
Those are couple of things to watch for this season for this position.

Breakout TE's:

First one off the top of my head is Vernon Davis of the 49ers. He has a slow first season, but I feel with Alex Smith ready to show his worth, Vernon Davis is going to be his go to guy. So watch for him to make an impact.

Lets talk Rookie of the year Greg Olsen. Great blocker and receiver, this man is the total package when it comes to TE.

Man expected to do great things Mr. Winslow of the Browns. Many analysis feel this is his year to shine.

Now I can go into Defenses but talking defense there are a few teams to mention and they are usually the same every year so we won't get into them. I can say the same for kickers.

Now I do have to include my Dark Horse of the week. The man with the plan. For the season opening of games I will have to go with Matt Schaub. I think for the first game he is going to blow the minds of many, and make Arthur Blank beg him to come back.

That brings me to the conclusion of WHATS YOUR FANTASY! Look for this column every week for advice and and input. Email me at 4thandgoalshow@gmail.com if you would like to know who you should sit or start for your week in Fantasy Football.

No comments: