Monday, May 14, 2007

Hockey

A great weekend for playoff hockey, and I missed most of it. I didn’t get to watch any of the Detroit and Anaheim series, and was only to watch parts of the Ottawa and Buffalo games. But the few parts I did see were great. Ottawa has taken a commanding lead in the series over Buffalo, winning the first two games in Buffalo. That’s incredible. I thought they were going to win one of the two, but not both. Ottawa now gets to play the next two games at home. Saturday night’s game was a great double OT win for the Senators. Buffalo managed to tie the game at 3 a piece with 5 seconds left in regulation, and was swarming around the net in overtime. But Ottawa fired a one-timer off of a face-off to win the game 4-3.

Buffalo did a lot of things right in this game, and could easily win one of the next two games (and must if they want to keep their season going). If they can just get their power play going (0-12 in the series) then they might be able to make it interesting. If they can’t then Ottawa is going to come dangerously close to sweeping the Senators.

As for the western conference finals, that series looks to be more evenly matched, with the series tied 1-1. Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to watch any of those games, and since most of the games will be on the west coast, they won’t be starting until 9:00 during the week. I’ll still be watching though.

Tonight is Game 3 of the Ottawa and Buffalo series. It’s not too late to check it out.

1 comment:

Craig said...

I can't. I just can not get into it. It's too hard, damn it.

I'd rather watch a golf tournament than a regular season hockey game on TV. Now, I'd rather GO to a hockey game live than a regular (non-major) tournament that Tiger was NOT at.

As I've said before, I'll watch the finals, as long as they are in HD, but the NBA playoffs have my attention every night of the past 20 or so and for at least 15 more.

Boo to hockey for falling off the sports map.