Wednesday, June 20, 2007

This week

So it's just me this week, but it's not like many posts are going up on a regular basis anyway, so I doubt things will look different around here. Craig and Pollard have traveled to Vegas to gamble their money away, so no podcast this week. I also was out of town last weekend so we just didn't get a chance to get together and do the show. I'm sure next week they'll be back with plenty of stories. Unless Craig is winning. Then they will stay. I'm pretty sure Craig will stay in Vegas as long as he has $1 in his pocket. So we'll have to see. In the meantime I get to work and live vicariously through random text messages I get from them. Yay!

There are a couple of posts I've been meaning to write, but all of my free time has been taken up by MLB 07: The Show for the PS2. I just started playing this about a week ago and it's fantastic. The game play is great and the animations are amazing. I have only really played around with the Road to the Show career mode. For those that don't know, you create a player, and pick a team and a position you want to try out for. You play through spring training, but only as your player. You can sim to your next appearance, so the games go by really quickly, which makes playing 162 a year easy. After spring training you get offered a contract and try to work your way into the majors from the minor league teams. It's a lot of fun, and adds a new element to the game. If you have a PS2 and some time to burn, it might be worth the rent or purchase. And I usually hate baseball games, but this one seems to get it "right" for a change.

1 comment:

Mike Thomas said...

For the record, I wrote this article before I spoke with Craig and Pollard when they were in Vegas.