Thursday, June 28, 2007

So...

Not a lot is going on in the sports world as of late. And by "not a lot" I mean not a lot in football of course. Baseball is in full swing, but I can't care about that. Sportscenter is in the dark times. Basketball is about to draft, which is interesting but the buzz is over and a dude has reported that Portland will take Oden over Durant, so the Supersonics inevitably win the draft game because they HAVE to take Durant so it's win-win for them, even if he busts. Nascar is having some drama with crew chiefs getting suspended off the points leader's team, but I'm having a hard time caring about that too. Wimbeldon is going on, but until the quarterfinals, I'm not intensely interested. They are only in the second round of what is four to six or something. Right now Federer is up 2-0 in the third and closeout set of the second round. This is his 50th grass court win in a row (once he wins a few more games and finished 6-2 or something). That is quite a feat. If he wins this Wimbeldon he ties Bjorn Borg for the most in a row, with 5. That is sick. For one man to win a title that many times in a row. BUT, we are only in the early rounds and it isn't yet interesting.

So, sports are lacking right now. I would watch the draft but I KNOW who is going 1 and 2 so that takes some of the magic and mystery out of the tour. As for 3-10, there will PROBABLY be anywhere from 2-3 former Florida Gators in that mix and now that their former coach will NOT be coaching them, I'm not interested as much. Oh well. If anyone wants to talk sports this evening, find me at Pat O Brien's at Citywalk. Sweet, sweet hurricanes.

Those are my principles for now and we make magic with our mouths,

Craig

No comments: