Monday, June 11, 2007

Quick Life Rules

New Rule:
Under NO circumstances do you text, call, or message a friend regarding a major sports event if they went out the night before. DVRing a major sporting event is acceptable (and ONLY acceptable) if the night before consisted of alcohol consumption. One who knows he or she is going to go out can set the DVR to record a major sporting event the next day. Text, call, and messaging rights can be reinstated upon waking up of drunken party. Beyond that, the drunken party must contact YOU first before you send a message that STARTS with the victor, damn it. At least have some warning in your message. Start the message with "SPOILER." Something, you bastard.

Old Rule that must be revisited:
Bros Befo' Hoes.


New show coming together tonight...

2 comments:

Pollard said...

Oh quit your bellyaching. You should NEVER sleep through a major sporting event. Especially one that had the possible outcome for a player like Federer. Also, I thought you were as excited about this as I was, and it wasn't like it was on at 6:00 in the morning. The match started at 11:00. Jesus. YOU should have texted ME and told ME that you were dvr-ing. You knew I was going to watch. Partly my fault, not completely my fault.

In any matter, you ruined a semi and a quarter for me via text. But I didn't complain. Ass.

As for the bros before hoes, I apologized. What more do you want for me. I am sure if things happened for you, you would have been outta there as well. You know what I mean. I know you do.

Don't hate, you know I wouldn't do that unless it were necessary. I hung out with you Thursday night and Friday night. And tonight. One date with an old friend shouldn't be unforgivable.

Mike Thomas said...

The responsibility lies with the person that is DVRing the event to avoid hearing the outcome. If I ever record a Steeler game, I'm going to immediately text Pollard and tell him to not send me updates, or comments on the game.

Now, having said that, please don't talk about the Sopranos tonight. I have it recorded but I haven't watched the last two episodes yet. I just need to make it to tomorrow night...just a little longer...