Monday, September 10, 2007

Who I hate the most...this week

Where do I begin….hmmm how about the worst referee in the NFL. His name you ask? STEVE FREEMAN #133 back line judge in last night’s Baltimore vs. Bengals game.

Why is he the worst judge in the NFL? Well…good old Steve decided that Todd Heap committed Offensive pass interference while catching a touchdown pass in the closing seconds of last night’s game. Now the only problem with that call was that offensive pass interference never happened. If pass interference happened, it was defensive, as the DB had Heap’s shirt in his hands while he was trying to get to the ball. Apparently, Steve Freeman was seeing things last night…..my unofficial guess as to why he saw something that didn’t happen is crack, stay tuned for more on that.

Second on my list is Brian Billick. Reason is that he decided to go away from the same play calling that has served him well over these years. There were many occasions when the Ravens should have run the football, instead they tried to pass. Now if their running game was not working I would understand, but when Willis is averaging over 4 yards a carry and you have a 3rd & 1 situation it just doesn’t make sense not to run. Especially on the goal line with the game on the line!!!....horrible!

Third is Todd Heap. Now I give him half a pass due to him, and subsequently me, being robbed of a touchdown in the 4th quarter. However, he did drop a pass in the numbers, which was intercepted to end the game…..and insure that I did not win in fantasy this week…..crap!

No comments: