Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Dead Zone

No, this is not a very interesting post about the popular cable television show. It is a cry out to sports! Help! Come quick, college and pro football. Save us all from the horrors of a baseball-filled SportsCenter. I can tell that the sportscasters don't want to be talking about baseball. They've run out of interesting ways to describe home runs. The metaphors all fall flat.

I know that Ichiro hit an inside the park homerun at the All-Star game. I know that Vlad Guerrero won the HR derby, but if Griffey Jr. isn't involved, I don't care. I'm tired of baseball and the season is only slightly over half over.

It is sad when I look forward to the U.S. Open tennis series as something to watch. I can't sit through regular season baseball games that hold no bearing on anything. I'll watch the playoffs (maybe). I'll watch the World Series (maybe, if no good tv is happening), but that is not until October/November. I'm bored with baseball. The constant storylines are semi-interesting, but I'm over Bonds, steroids, and overpaid pitchers.

Give me hard hits, fumbles, interceptions, QB controversies. I need it.

Thankfully, fantasy football is upon us. Semi-sweet reprieve.