Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Anybody...

::sniff sniff::
Is anybody out there?

Sports are somewhat slow, but the news about sports is popping.

Daunte Culpepper was released from the Dolphins. So much for that UCF alum. Asante Samuel (another UCF alum) will probably not see a down of action until Week 10 or later. Why are the UCF guys having trouble, damn it?

Michael Vick was indicted. Not a shocker here. You can't think you're untouchable just because you have $100 million dollars. If you beat, fight, and kill dogs... eventually someone will probably get a hold of you - especially when you are a national celebrity. It seems like the NFL needs to work on taking smarter individuals. People with morales. Something. I don't know. I'm disgusted by Michael Vick and I'm sure the Falcons owner is openly weeping day-to-day.

We had our 1st annual 4th and Goal Fantasy Draft, which was fun.

I'm not feeling fantastic about my team, but I'm not feeling bad about it either. My heavy hitters are: Stephen Jackson, Marvin Harrison, Donovan McNabb, TJ Hoozurdaddy, Andre Johnson, Cedric Benson, Antonio Gates, Adam Vinatieri, Vernon Davis, Lee Evans, Santana Moss. I know. Some of those are not heavy hitters, but still... If D-Nabb stays healthy, I could have a really good season. I'm also weak at RB with the exception of Jackson. I don't like Benson, but he's not splitting touches with Jones anymore so his 7 TDs could improve to 11 or 12, which would put him close to Rudi and he did me fine last year.

I don't know. I'm in between excited and depressed because I hate losing. Luckily, my first game of the season is against Mike (who got first pick and took LT), so it will be VERY rewarding to beat him the first week. Though, I did that last season and it did nothing for me, since he finished in second to my third. Perhaps losing is better, then...

Until someone comments or posts... I take my leave.